Fairfield Engineering Solution (FES) provides a full ‘turnkey’ service, from consultancy and design through to commissioning and long term support.
If you have a project, design or idea you would like to discuss, please contact us.
- Obsolescence reports
- Asset inspections
- Fact finding / initial investigations
- Feasibility studies
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies
- Project development
- Preparing budget costings
- Options reports
- Production of works specifications
- Funding justification / applications
- Tender management
There are times when a client needs assistance, whether it be a seed of an idea, a problem asset or even a planned project that they do not have enough information to develop, or simply lack of resource to facilitate.
The team at FES can assist by providing reports, helping to move the project forward. Our engineers are able to provide asset inspection, obsolescence and investigation reports and reverse engineering exercises to understand how structures of age can deal with the 21st century. This can be used to develop a feasibility study of the project, detailing works involved and the options available, allowing the scope of works to be costed.
At this point, the Technical Sales Team can asses and provide a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost for the schemes options and allow option selection reports to be developed.
The final step is then to provide the client with the works specifications which can be put to the market for competitive tendering and delivery.
At FES, we have an engineering team who have diverse experience in delivering a wide range of projects.
We provide multidisciplinary design management throughout the design stage.
In-house, we have design capabilities for providing mechanical and structural elements, looking at drive systems, hydraulics, winching and locking mechanisms, including the structures which support them.
FES work closely with our sister company, Fairfield Control Systems (FCS), to deliver the electrical and control elements of the scheme and, supplemented with specialist civil and structural engineering partners to provide a complete turnkey solution.
As part of our turnkey solution, following on from the design stage of a project, we can procure and supply all elements of the required works, including:
- Hydraulic power packs
- Mechanical drives and assemblies
- Control panels and desks
- Hydraulic cylinders
- Water control gates and penstocks
- Machined components.
- Traffic Control Solutions (Wig Wags, Barriers, Gates)
- Navigation Lights
- CCTV & PA Systems
During the design process, our engineers will provide assembly and general arrangement drawings which have been risk assessed during the design.
When the equipment is ready for site installation, documentation will be prepared and our team will be mobilised to complete the works required, including:
- Disassembly and removal of drives and hydraulics
- Heavy lifting
- Access and scaffolding
- Working above and around water
- Assembly of support structures and fabrications
- Fitting of hydraulic cylinders
- Fitting of pipework and pumps
- Installation of wheel sets and running tracks
- Fitting of conveying systems
- Cable management systems
- Mains cabling
- Control cabling
We provide training to our client’s operators and technical staff to enable effective hand back, initial fault finding and management of the asset upon completion of project works. This is supported by developing a comprehensive and bespoke training program for each project, including:
- Providing operations staff with detailed knowledge of all operator interfaces and how to operate the system to maximum performance and benefit
- Providing maintenance staff with detailed knowledge on how to diagnose faults, plan maintenance, rectify faults and quickly return the system to full performance
- Giving technical support staff in-depth knowledge on how to modify the system to achieve desired changes in functionality
- Providing management with a summary of the systems available with an explanation of performance monitoring and information extraction
- Provision of project technical file to support and provide reference to all members of the clients team
We have a dedicated team of Commissioning Engineers who have experience in commissioning M&E systems on many different sites all over the world. Our Commissioning Engineers will oversee, inspect and test the installation of a system before then commissioning the project and providing training and operational support.
Our Engineers undertake the following as part of our project delivery plan:
- Component / equipment Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Installation verification
- System power up, Input/Output (I/O) and instrumentation calibration
- Hardware and software commissioning
- Hydraulic and mechanical drive set up commissioning
- Load testing
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Operational support
We offer a completely bespoke preventative and support service.
Our service support is your insurance against unplanned and potentially costly plant outages and provides expert turnkey support for your infrastructure, including software, EC&I, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
It is important that our support services meet the requirements of our clients. We create a tailor-made support agreement which can include any or all of the following services:
- Scheduled preventative maintenance visits
- 24/7 callout support with guaranteed response times
- Remote telephone support
- Holding and servicing of spare parts
- System inspection and auditing/reporting
- Online reporting services
- Obsolescence management