As the situation surrounding Coronavirus is rapidly developing we would like to assure everyone that Fairfields is taking the current situation very seriously. We are following the recommendations, directives and official advice from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO) and last week started to deploy our business continuity plan.
A Business Continuity Team has been set up to ensure Fairfields are doing everything possible to keep our staff, clients, suppliers and the public safe while maintaining high standards of service and delivering our contractual obligations. The team meet regularly to closely monitor the changing situation and react quickly to any new guidance.
Our current situation is that we have asked all vulnerable/high risk staff to work from home and not attend the office or any site. The rest of our office based staff have been asked to work from home wherever possible and site based staff to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment before attending and starting any work. We are pleased to say our 24/7 support service remains unaffected by the current situation.
Business Continuity at Fairfields
- All staff members have laptops and can work remotely if necessary. We also all have mobile telephones and can access company communications and services from these.
- The majority of our business information systems are held and stored electronically and can be accessed remotely over a secure connection. This enables us to continue normal business processes with little or no disruption.
- We have increased our capability to provide telephone and web-based conferencing to facilitate continued client and supplier contact.
- Regretfully, during this period we will only be conducting essential face to face meetings with Clients or Suppliers. However, we fully understand that to continue supporting our clients some contact will be required. On these occasions, a risk-based approach will be taken.
- We will also not be undertaking non-essential site visits.
Fairfields would like to thank you for your support and patience in these uncertain times. We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and will take the appropriate action as necessary. We will update this statement at this time.