As a result of our rapid company growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Design Engineer to join our inhouse design team.
Key Purpose: To provide technical input into the team, developing equipment specifications and providing the design of mechanical systems, including their justifications required in the winning and execution of works packages.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to apply your experience and knowledge to support all appropriate aspects of work associated with the multi-disciplinary projects undertaken by Fairfield Engineering Solutions.
This is likely to include a combination of the following:
- Production of scoping calculations, scheme drawings and technical documentation for the estimation of costs on potential projects, including the initial sizing and specification of appropriate drive systems.
- Where in-house design responsibility is relevant:
- the production of supporting documentation in accordance with the Machinery Directive (risk assessments, FMEA etc) and also
- to produce design justification in accordance with appropriate design codes.
- The production of detail and assembly drawings for design definition and/or manufacture.
- The production of specifications and technical documentation for design definition and/or procurement.
- Participate in technical discussions with clients and suppliers in support of project work.
- Use of 3D modelling software incorporating FE capability to provide support on structural assessment. On occasion, production of 2D drawings in Solidworks.
- Carry out site investigations and inspections or attend on-site operations and meetings as part of on-going project work or in the pursuit of new projects.
- Contribute to all aspects of project health and safety life cycle.
- Visiting site and manufacturers to ensure design compliance providing QA reports.
- Where required, being part of the commissioning team to ensure works are delivered in line with the design packages developed by the employee and providing site reports to support the above.
- Working to the company procedures and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Provision of service and callout support for maintenance contracts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in mechanical design engineering
- HND/Degree in Engineering/Apprenticeship
- Have a demonstrable working experience of 3d modelling and 2d drawing packages, preferably Solidworks & Vault, however training can be provided.
- Able to mathematically justify proposals.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Practical problem solver
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail
- Understand the design project cycle
- Understanding of interfaces between Engineering disciplines
- High motivation and discipline
- Hold a full driving licence
Please apply directly.
We do not accept applications or CVs from recruitment agencies.