Following our posts in March 2020 and May 2020, We would like to update you with the required Covid-19 measures that are in place at Fairfield Control Systems to ensure the safety of our clients and employees.
Due to the recent update by the UK Government and National lockdown being ordered, we have reviewed and continue to review our Covid-19 measures. We continue to take this situation very seriously and are following advice given by the UK Government and local authorities where we are working on site.
Our Business Continuity and Senior Management Teams continue to ensure that we are doing everything possible to keep our staff, clients, suppliers, and the public, safe. We continue to maintain our high standards of service and delivering our contractual obligations where safe to do so.
Our stance has changed regarding our employees: all staff are working from home where this is possible. Our office and workshop are open however we are currently managing to keep occupancy below approximately 15%. For site visits a COVID-19 risk assessment is to be completed before attending site and starting any work. We are pleased to say our 24/7 support service remains unaffected by the current situation.
Business Continuity at Fairfield Control Systems
- Application Engineers in our Sales Teams are continuing to support customers and produce proposals from home.
- Our Design Teams are working from home with regular online team and project meetings.
- We have safe systems in place to be able to continue to accept deliveries and post.
- Our Administration and Accounts Department are operational and are answering phone and email queries from home.
- Our Service and Commissioning Teams can continue to work as usual, with the addition of a COVID-19 risk assessment and following recommended guidelines on PPE.
- Our Business Continuity Team and QHSE Manager are continuously assessing the office spaces and making plans to ensure it is a safe space.
- We are putting measures in place to allow us to continue the use of our test facility with on-site or remote factory acceptance tests (FAT)
As we mentioned in our last update, these are the measures we already have in place and that we continue to follow:
- All staff members have laptops and can work remotely. We also all have smartphones and can access company communications and services from these.
- The majority of our business information systems are held and stored electronically and can be accessed remotely over a secure connection. This enables us to continue normal business processes with little or no disruption.
- We have increased our capability to provide phone and web-based conferencing to facilitate continued client and supplier contact.
- Regretfully, during this period, we will only be conducting essential face-to-face meetings with clients or suppliers. However, we fully understand that to continue supporting our clients some contact will be required. On these occasions, a risk-based approach will be taken.
- We are still not undertaking non-essential site visits at this time.
Fairfield Control Systems would like to thank you for your support and patience in these uncertain times.