An exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our Engineering Team as a talented Lead Design/Service Engineer or an experienced Design Engineer to join our South West team in Gloucester. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of a range of industrial control and automation projects across multiple sectors, both nationally and internationally, as well as leading and developing more junior members of the team, including Apprentices and Graduates.
Fairfield Control Systems Ltd specialise in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and service support of industrial control solutions across a wide range of markets. These solutions cover the whole range of ICA (instrumentation control and automation) and include PLC, SCADA, Motor Control, drives and range from simple dedicated controller applications, to complex networked solutions. We provide a full ‘turn-key’ service from design through to commissioning. This service includes assembly of our own control panels, ranging in size from small push button stations to large MCC and distribution panels. Based in the UK, we design and commission systems worldwide.
Over the years, Fairfields has been involved in many high profile and iconic projects including the London Eye, Wimbledon Centre Court Retractable Roof, The Falkirk Wheel and Tower Bridge. In recent years these projects have been complemented with projects in advanced manufacturing, integrating the latest Industry 4.0 technologies.
Due to continued growth and increasing demand for our services, our team is expanding and we are now seeking a skilled and experienced Lead Design/Service Engineer to join us.
Be part of the team that has been responsible for iconic and prestigious projects around the world for more than 30 years!
Key Purpose: Manage, design, test, install and commission industrial control systems. Design software and hardware for control systems.
- Hardware and software design and specification
- Software coding and configuration for PLC, SCADA and HMI interfaces.
- Production and review of technical documentation
- Project management (Quality, Delivery and Cost)
- Responsible for project and site health and safety
- Supervision/management of sub-contractors
- Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- System commissioning, service and maintenance support (including call-out support on a rota basis)
- Supervising and coaching the team, including design engineers, graduates and apprentices
- At least 3-5 years’ practical and relevant experience in control engineering or electrical design engineering.
- SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives knowledge and experience
- Capable of hardware and software design and testing
- Degree in Engineering or a time-served Engineer in System Integration with HNC/D or equivalent
- Project management skills/knowledge
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Practical problem solver
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail
- High motivation and discipline
- Hold a full driving licence
- Eligible and authorised to work in the UK (with relevant visas in place where required)
For more information & to apply please send your CV to Zack Raja via email@example.com or phone 01204 958520.