This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our Engineering Team as a Lead Design Engineer (Scotland). The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, designing and installing industrial control systems.
Fairfield Control Systems Ltd specialise in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and service support of industrial control solutions across a wide range of markets. These solutions cover the whole range of ICA (instrumentation control and automation) and include PLC, SCADA, Motor Control, drives and range from simple dedicated controller applications, to complex networked solutions. We provide a full ‘turn-key’ service from design through to commissioning. This service includes assembly of our own control panels, ranging in size from small push button stations to large MCC and distribution panels. Based in the UK, we design and commission systems worldwide.
Over the years, Fairfields has been involved in many high profile and iconic projects including the London Eye, Wimbledon Centre Court Retractable Roof, The Falkirk Wheel and Tower Bridge. In recent years these projects have been complemented with projects in advanced manufacturing, integrating the latest Industry 4.0 technologies.
Due to continued growth and increasing demand for our services, our team is expanding and we are now seeking a skilled and experienced Lead Design Engineer to join us in our Scotland Team.
Key Purpose: Manage, design, test, install and commission industrial control systems. Design software and hardware for control systems.
- Hardware and software design and specification.
- Responsible for ensuring that allocated projects are being monitored and performing to budget for both time and cost and monitoring changes in scope of work or contract time.
- Project planning, including delegation and organisation of engineering work.
- Customer-facing including regular communication with clients, suppliers and management of sub contractors.
- Production and review of technical documentation
- Design and verification calculations as required.
- Software coding and configuration for PES and SCADA or HMI interfaces.
- Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- Managing and motivating the Project Team
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in control engineering or electrical engineering.
- Degree in Engineering or a time served engineer in System Integration with a HNC/D or equivalent
- Team Leadership experience
- Project Management skills/knowledge
- SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives Knowledge/Functional Safety
- Practical problem solver
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail
- Highly motivated and disciplined
- Must be eligible and authorised to work in the UK (with relevant visas in place where required)
- Full driving licence required and willingness to travel and work away from home
For more information & to apply please send your CV to Zack Raja via email@example.com or phone 01204 958520.