This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated and skilled ICT Systems Engineer with a passion for designing and maintaining complex network infrastructure to join our Team. The successful candidate will become a vital member of a fast-growing team, providing network infrastructure for a wide varity of clients and industrial sectors.
Over the years, Fairfields has been involved in many high profile and iconic projects, including the London Eye, Wimbledon Centre Court Retractable Roof, The Falkirk Wheel and Tower Bridge. In recent years, these projects have been complemented with projects in advanced manufacturing. These projects include integrating the latest Industry 4.0 technologies, including Smart Tools, Mixed Reality, Laser Projection, data analytics and robotics.
Key Purpose: Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of ICT solutions
As a proven ICT Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of crucial tasks to ensure the seamless operation and security of our IT infrastructure. Key areas of focus include:
- Design, configure, and maintain robust networks, encompassing switching, routing, security, and wireless technologies.
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions to optimize network efficiency.
Server and Client Configuration & Support
- Manage servers and client systems, ensuring their stability, security, and optimal performance.
- Install, configure, and maintain server hardware and software components.
- Implement and oversee patch management processes to ensure that systems and software are up-to-date with the latest security updates and enhancements.
- Stay updated on emerging threats and proactively address vulnerabilities to enhance overall cybersecurity.
Backup Appliance and Disaster Recovery
Design and implement backup solutions to safeguard critical data.
Collaboration and Documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and address IT requirements for various projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of network configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guidelines.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Implement monitoring tools to track network and system performance.
- Generate regular reports on network and server health, security status, and other relevant metrics.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies, recommending and implementing improvements to enhance the overall IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to end-users, resolving network and system-related issues promptly and efficiently.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical experience
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPNs, and wireless networks.
- Experience with network security protocols
- CISCO CCNA or equivalent
- Hands-on network installation & commission experience
- Enhanced DBS (arranged by FCS)
- Full UK driving licence and willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be eligible and authorised to work in the UK (with relevant visas in place where required)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- SOC, SIEM, SNMP
- Interest in IOT/OT/ICS
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools
For more information & to apply please send your CV to Katherine Finn via HR@fairfields.co.uk .
To apply please email your CV to HR@fairfields.co.uk or phone 01623 835 350.