This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our Responsive Outside Works Team as a Commissioning Engineer (Scotland). The successful candidate will be responsible for commissioning, installing and servicing industrial automation and industrial control systems.
Fairfield Control Systems Ltd specialise in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and service support of industrial control solutions across a wide range of markets. These solutions cover the whole range of ICA (instrumentation control and automation) and include PLC, SCADA, Motor Control, drives and range from simple dedicated controller applications, to complex networked solutions. We provide a full ‘turn-key’ service from design through to commissioning. This service includes assembly of our own control panels, ranging in size from small push button stations to large MCC and distribution panels. Based in the UK, we design and commission systems worldwide.
Over the years, Fairfields has been involved in many high profile and iconic projects including the London Eye, Wimbledon Centre Court Retractable Roof, The Falkirk Wheel and Tower Bridge. In recent years these projects have been complemented with projects in advanced manufacturing, integrating the latest Industry 4.0 technologies.
Due to continued growth and increasing demand for our services, our team is expanding and we are now seeking a skilled and experienced Commissioning Engineer to join us as part of our team in Scotland.
Key Purpose: Commissioning Industrial Automation and Control Systems
- Testing and Commissioning of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) to satisfy the functional design specification or customer’s requirements specification.
- Preparing and Performing Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and call-out support
- Supervision of sub-contractors and management of their contracts and activities.
- Provision of service and callout support for maintenance contracts (on a rota basis).
- Contribute to all aspects of project health and safety life-cycle
- Supervision and coaching of junior staff, including technicians, graduates and apprentices
- Minimum 4-5 years’ practical experience in Control Engineering.
- HND/Engineering Degree
- SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives knowledge
- Must be eligible and authorised to work in the UK (with relevant visas in place where required)
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Practical problem solving skills
- Customer facing skills with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail and be highly motivated and disciplined
- Willing to travel and regularly work away from home
- Hold a full driving licence
For more information & to apply please send your CV to Zack Raja via email@example.com or phone 01204 958520.