From power generation to energy saving solutions, Fairfields is one of the leading providers of control system expertise in an ever diversifying energy sector.
Our control systems provide solutions for the safe and efficient control of many different types of power generation, from simple solar power, burner management systems, independent hydro generation, district heating and CHP systems, to large scale utility coal gas and biomass power generation plants and transmission systems.
Our dedicated team of control system experts can provide improved automation techniques, ranging from standalone PLC and Motor Control Centres (MCC’s) to large networked control and supervisory systems. Our engineers can also support our customers with the migration from legacy control systems, or the requirement to comply with the latest functional safety regulations to provide intuitive solutions to maximise power and energy requirements
Energy Production / Connectivity
We can offer integrated control system support in all areas associated with energy production, backup and protection systems, and with our team of dedicated service support engineers your energy requirements will always be connected and on-line.
Our services include the implementation of:
- Automated generator changeover control systems
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant control systems
- District heating control systems
- Solar or photovoltaic installations
- Battery backup systems
- Building energy management and control systems
- Hydro generation and synchronisation systems
- G59 protection
- Ignition and pilot burner control
- PowerStation fuel delivery and ancillary system control
- Water treatment and environment monitoring solutions
- Power generation Balance of Plant (BOP)
Coupled with a greater need to diversify towards renewable energy, such as wave, hydro, wind, solar, or geothermal there is a growing requirement for cost effective bespoke PLC systems incorporating industry standard protection instrumentation, which provide a total solution for turbine / generator governor control, synchronisation and G59 grid protection.