Fairfields is looking for its next Lead Design Engineer to join our team in our South West office in Quedgeley, Gloucestershire. Our growth plans for 2017/18 are built on a track record going back 30 years, of delivering the best solutions and exceptional service. With growth, we need new talent to satisfy the demand for our services.
Key Purpose: Designing software and hardware for control systems to meet customers’ expectations, commissioning and service support, team leadership
- Design and commissioning of industrial control systems across various sectors, including waterways, leisure, factory automation and pharmaceutical
- Hardware and software design and testing
- Software coding and configuration for PLC and SCADA or HMI interfaces.
- Production and review of technical documentation
- Project management, including budgets and timelines
- Responsible for project and site health and safety
- Supervision of sub-contractors
- Equipment testing, commissioning and service callout support as required from time to time.
- Supervision and coaching the team, including design engineers, technicians, graduates and apprentices
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience in control or electrical engineering.
- HND/Engineering Degree
- SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives knowledge
- Capable of hardware and software design and testing
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Practical problem solver
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail
- High motivation and discipline
- Willing to travel and work away from home (UK and abroad)
- Hold a full driving licence
To apply, fill in the form below or request a printable form from HR@fairfields.co.uk