Fairfields is looking for its next Lead Design Engineer to join our team in our South West office in Quedgeley, Gloucestershire. Our growth plans for 2017/18 are built on a track record going back 30 years, of delivering the best solutions and exceptional service. With growth, we need new talent to satisfy the demand for our services. We have a culture of developing talent and offer excellent Continual Professional Development.
Key Purpose: Designing software and hardware for control systems to meet customers’ expectations, commissioning and service support, team leadership
- Design and commissioning of Industrial Control systems
- The implementation of hardware and software design to satisfy the functional design specification or customer’s requirements specification.
- Contribution to all aspects of project health and safety lifecycle including identification of hazards and evaluation of risk in all phases of the project.
- Supervision of sub-contractors and management of their contracts and activities.
- Software coding and configuration for PLC and SCADA or HMI interfaces.
- Purchasing of materials and services in conjunction with the Service Director review.
- Production and review of technical documentation, typically but not limited to, specifications, drawings, schedules, bill of materials, test procedures, operating and maintenance manuals and other documentation for the project
- Provide pre-sales engineering support to the Sales Department.
- Deputise for the Senior Engineer as and when required.
- Manage the project so that it is completed within the time and cost budgets.
- Equipment testing, commissioning and service callout support as required from time to time.
- Supervision and coaching of junior staff, including design engineers, technicians, graduates and apprentices
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience in control or electrical engineering.
- HND/Engineering Degree
- SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives knowledge
- Capable of hardware and software design and testing
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Practical problem solver
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- Ability to work to procedures in detail
- High motivation and discipline
- Willing to travel and work away from home (UK and abroad)
- Hold a full driving licence
To apply, fill in the form below or request a printable form from HR@fairfields.co.uk